When it comes to your mental health, self-care can help you manage stress, lower your risk of illness and increase your energy. Even small acts of self-care in your daily life can have a big impact. It also plays an important part in the health of your relationships and your ability to contribute to life.
To be the best possible parents we want to be, we need to put our self-care first sometimes.
To achieve the best results at work, we need to take care of our personal growth.
To feel our very best selves, we must focus on self-improvement to meet our own needs.
Supporting our mental health matters so much more than many of us realise, and it’s something we can learn to do proactively instead of waiting until we experience a problem with our mental health. Issues relating to mental health can impact different people in different ways. Our unique mental health app allows you to tailor your experience to create healthy and long-lasting daily rituals and habits to support your mental health.
With Shoorah and its self-care tools, you can learn to put yourself first and support your mental health without feeling guilty, while still managing to fit everything else into your life.
Life gets busy; people place demands on us every day, and it’s no surprise that our mental health suffers. The good thing about Shoorah is, it’s always there to support you.
It’s not selfish to put ourselves first and manage our mental health as a priority; in fact, we know it’s essential. To show up every day for us starts with a little self-care.
Here are 5 proven ways to put yourself first and improve your mental health and well-being:
Practise mindfulness and meditation Mindfulness and meditation practises are proven to help manage stress, reduce anxiety, and improve your overall well-being. Shoorah meditation options allow you to escape the stresses of a busy day, feel calmer, be more present, and improve your overall sense of mental health and well-being. You can also incorporate meditation into our daily ritual tools to help you bring meditation into your daily life.
1. Exercise regularly: It is a well-known fact that exercise releases endorphins, which are feel-good chemicals that can help improve your mood and reduce stress. It can be something as simple as taking a brisk walk or doing some stretching exercises. Any form of movement can have a profoundly positive impact on your state of mental wellness. Shoorah ritual tools can help you build daily healthy lifestyle habits, which in turn can help you with your overall mental wellness.
2. Focus on sleep: Getting enough sleep is essential for maintaining good mental health. Shoorah meditations are designed to help you improve your sleep hygiene. Try to aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night and establish a regular sleep schedule if you can that helps you wind down before bed.
3. Connect with others: How often do you see your friends and the people that lift your energy? Good relationships are important for your mental well-being. Try to connect with friends and family, join a social group or club, or consider volunteering. Social connections can lower anxiety and help us regulate our emotions. Feeling connected enhances physical and mental health.
4. Practice self-care. Doing things that are just for you, purely for your enjoyment, is important to how you feel. This can include activities like taking a relaxing bath, reading a book, or indulging in a hobby you enjoy. Try to prioritise self-care activities that bring you joy and help you recharge. It’s often the simplest things that are the most effective.
5. Shoorah tools help you find a way to spend more of your time doing things you enjoy. We help you focus on your mental health and build the actions and practises into your everyday life that help you feel more calm, content, and happy. We can protect our mental well-being with simple daily activities using Shoorah, which will get easier the more you use them.